Founder & Creative Director of Brokenreality Inc.
I collaborate with startups, agencies and businesses to build thoughtful interactive and unique experiences.
- Responsive Web Design & Development
- PHP & MySQL
- UI/UX Design & Development
- CSS & SASS
- Zurb Foundation & Bootstrap
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Premiere, After Effects, InDesign, Flash, Audition, Encore
- MVC Web Development, CodeIgniter
- Search Engine Optimization
- Google Analytics, Google AdWords
- Social Media Marketing, Blogging
- Artistic Vision, Illustration
- Animation & Motion Graphics
- Professional Consulation
- Book publishing
Founder of Brokenreality Inc.
August 1998 – Present
Brokenreality Inc. is a company founded by myself to house all creative projects which include Interactive Development, Graphic Design, Animation, Digital Artwork, Photography, Video Production, Creative Experimentation and more.
Developer at Volum8 Creative, Inc.
December 2013 – Present
Front End Web Developer and Responsive Web Designer for custom web applications, user
interfaces, complex WordPress themes, Foundation 5 projects, and more.
Multimedia Designer & Developer at RHP International, Inc.
March 2006 – April 2014
Lead Web Designer and Web Developer at RHP International. Operated and maintained 5+ specialty web sites. Including web site design and development, graphic design, brand development, web site traffic growth, comprehensive database management, product photography, social networking management, in depth search engine optimization, and more.
Multimedia Designer & Developer at CROC (Citizens Reunited to Overcome Cancer)
January 2008 – 2016
CROC is a grass roots organization empowering people dealing with cancer and cancer survivors, the tools to navigate through life, by providing them with intimate gatherings, dinners, live events and more. I’ve been proudly serving in this non-profit community organization as a Multimedia Designer / Developer providing Graphic Design services, Web Design and Development, Live Event Presentations, Photography and Video production and much more.
Skills & Expertise
Utah State University – 2016 – Logan, Utah
- WebAIM Certified Developer
- Two-day intensive training session teaching everything from basic web accessibility principles to advanced accessibility techniques. Learned what is needed to ensure that a website meets legal guidelines and international standards. This training is primarily suited for web developers, though it is appropriate for designers, program managers, quality assurance experts, or anyone interested in gaining a deep understanding of web accessibility.
- Sessions: Principles of Web Accessibility, Web accessibility guidelines, and laws – Section 508, WCAG 2.0, ADA, etc.
Evaluating site accessibility, Using screen readers and other assistive technologies, Policy creation and implementation, System change for accessibility
Adobe MAX – 2016 – San Diego, CA
- Sessions: Building the Life and Career You Want with Social Media with Lindsay Adler, Taking Killer Pictures That Mean Something with Sarah Silver, Surreal Photo Manipulations with Victoria Siemer, Getting Started with Adobe XD with Demian Borba, Becoming an Expert in Lightroom with Chris Orwig, Humanizing Usability and User Experience Across Cultural Boundaries with Nancy Douyon, One Image. Two Looks. with Julieanne Kost & Paul Burnett, Cultivating the Creative Spark with Chris Orwig & Julieanne Kost, Responsive Design in 2017 with Justin Avery, & Creative Color Crash Course with Chris Orwig
Adobe MAX – 2015 – Los Angeles, CA
- Sessions: Beyond the Light Bulb: Concept, Design & Prototype Ideas – Creating Cinemagraphs in After Effects & Photoshop – 6 Things Every Designer Should be Doing in Photoshop – Behind Closed Doors – The Journey, Not the Destination – Creating Photo Real Characters in Photoshop Hands on Lab – The New Rules for Getting Creative Work Done – Designing for Generation Z – Do What I Say, Not What I Do
Adobe MAX – 2014 – Los Angeles, CA
- Sessions: Creativity on the Cutting-Edge, The Crazy Ones: How to Be a Leader Who Inspires Creativity & Innovation, What You Should Know Before Going Vector, Community Inspires Creativity, Creating Photo-Real Characters & Creature Concepts in Photoshop, Evolution of Interactivity & Motion on the Web, How to Tap Into Your Creative Voice & Make Work That Matters, From Photoshop to Edge Reflow, Bringing out the Best in Every Image, Going from Design to Code, Your Design Vision: From PSD to Responsive Web
Adobe MAX – 2013 – Los Angeles, CA
- Sessions: Adobe Photoshop CC, Motion Graphics for the Web, Unfolding Your Brain Catapult Your Creative Productivity, Creating Modern, Responsive Websites with Dreamweaver CC, Wonders of HTML5 Canvas, Photoshop Power Shortcuts, Adobe Design Evangelists Shootout, Optimizing Browser Rendering, Motion Control 3D: Bringing Photos to Life, Modern Web Interfaces with Dreamweaver, Special Effects for Web using CSS Filters and Shaders, Social Media & its Impact on Design & Creativity, Theories & Harmonies of Color
Social Media Success Summit – 2012 – Online
- Studied Social Media Marketing
Adobe Creative Suite 3 Launch – 2007 – New York, NY
- Studied Multimedia Design & Development, Latest Adobe Techniques and Methods
Orange County Community College – 2002 – 2003 – Middletown, NY
- Art History, Criticism and Conservation, Analyzation & Interpretation
Orange-Ulster BOCES – 2000 – 2002 – Goshen, NY
- Studied Advertising Design/Computer Graphics
Warwick Valley High School – 2000 – 2002 – Warwick, NY
- Art/Art Studies, General
Middletown City High School – 1999 – 2000
- Art/Art Studies, Programming, General
Honors & Awards
- SkillsUSA Advertising Design/Computer Graphics National Competitor and 2nd Place Winner in 2002
- Orange-Ulster BOCES Technical Proficiency Award
Recommendations and References available upon request.